Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Night Reflections

33,309

Wow. That was intense. When you get that many youth together... The essence is difficult to capture.

33,309

There is an aura. An energy. An underlying pulse the WHOLE TIME.

33,309

There is POWER in a group this size. But not just youthful enthusiasm. There was also sincerity. And a need to connect. And hunger for justice. And LOVE. For Jesus. For God. For fellow man. It knocked my socks off. And I don't say that lightly.

We should all be proud to call the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America our home. The ELCA did an amazing job on programming and content. Over the course of 4 days, they inspired us and showed us what it means to be a Lutheran.

There was barely room to breathe. The content came at a tremendous clip. The opportunities for reflection, self examination and soul searching were present at least hourly. When there was a bit of downtime, it was all we could do to debrief and feel recharged emotionally and mentally focused for the next thing at hand. I wish I could just share EVERYTHING right now but the volumes of memories are all swirling at the moment.

Before nodding off tonight, I really want to indicate how proud I am of Robert, Courtney, Julian and Minnie. They are solid and grounded individuals with whom it has been a privilege to bond with on this trip. We have shared a lot about ourselves and I can say with certainty that I respect who they are and what they stand for.

Taxi is coming at 5am. Best get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment